AmySea

Ride a Pale Horse
Helen MacInnes
The Samurai's Wife
Laura Joh Rowland
The Lost Colony - Eoin Colfer I really enjoy the Artemis Fowl books, and I especially enjoy them in the audiobook format as narrated by Nathaniel Parker. This is the first Artemis Fowl book that I have not listened to on audiobook, and perhaps that's why I didn't enjoy it as much as the others.

Aside from format, though, there were a couple of things that did hinder my enjoyment of the book. First of all, I don't really think that the story itself is particularly memorable or even all that interesting. This was brought home to me when I was about 2/3 of the way through the book before I realized that I had read it before!

Secondly, I never really developed any particular sense of caring about any of the new characters presented in this book, and the series regulars just seemed flat (except Mulch Diggums, who is always good for some fun). Even larger-than-life Butler and our heroic ex-criminal mastermind were shadows of the characters they were in the earlier books in the series. No one jumped off the page.

All in all, not the strongest book in the Artemis Fowl series. I still hope for the best out of the remaining ones, though!