AmySea

Ride a Pale Horse
Helen MacInnes
The Samurai's Wife
Laura Joh Rowland

Agatha Raisin and the Haunted House (Agatha Raisin Series #14)

Agatha Raisin and the Haunted House - M.C. Beaton I was completely unaware of the Agatha Raisin books until just a few days ago, and I am really happy to have found a new mystery series I enjoy! The character of Agatha Raisin is so well written! I love the juxtaposition of her crankiness and her vulnerability, and it has been a long time since I've read a character that crackles with so much life!

I was absolutely amazed at the economy of words in this book, and yet somehow those few words merged to create wonderful, vivid images, and a rich story full of personality and humor. I was easily able to picture the English countryside and the English gardens, and I was able hear the various characters' voices speaking in their various wonderful accents. How is this possible with the use of such short sentences?! I don't know if I've ever seen such a great demonstration of "less is more."

Just a really fun, easy, fast read, with a great collection of colorful characters. Now I need to read the first book in the series.