AmySea

Ride a Pale Horse
Helen MacInnes
The Samurai's Wife
Laura Joh Rowland
Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox  - Eoin Colfer, Nathaniel Parker Once again I enjoyed Nathaniel Parker's narration of this audiobook; I especially enjoyed his voice for Opal Koboi.

I guess this book wasn't bad as far as time travel books go, but this one did seem a little long to me. I had been missing evil genius Artemis a bit, but this book cured me of that and made me realize that I like Artemis as he is now much better. The idea of juxtaposing Artemis the Younger against Artemis the Elder was especially effective and interesting, I thought, and I enjoyed watching the two pit their wits, and their morals (or lack thereof) against one another.

I was reluctant to read this book because I really didn't enjoy the last book in the series very much, and I had heard that the series started going downhill with that book. I didn't think that this book represented a downward turn, however. It was action-packed and well executed, relationships and characters were further developed, and Julius Root (one of my favorite characters in the series) even made a brief appearance in the story. I don't think that The Time Paradox was as good as the first three books in the series, but it was certainly better than the last.